Folksy

Wednesday 13 January 2010

Silver White Winters That Melt Into Springs......





Well not much melting going on here! Yet another day with all the children off school - this time due to extreme ice !! Initially slightly apprehensive of what yet another day of everyone at home may bring - it actually turned out to be another nice chilled out day!



We started off with a spot of baking ...well actually our eldest daughter did! I stepped back, and let go of my need for control and let her bake some chocoalte chunk scones on her own (well OK , with a little bit of supervision!) She actually did a great job, and they turned out lovely. What was even better was that she loved being able to do it on her own, and was even heard to exclaim "this is better than watching TV anyway" (TV is currently banned due to a bit of TV overload in recent weeks and VERY untidy bedrooms!)





I must admit that I did then waver on the TV ban, we all watched The Sound of Music, with sing-along lyrics and popcorn!(well a DVD isn't really TV is it?!) I do love that film, and there's nothing like good sing song for raising your spirits!



And I even managed to get a bit of sewing done! I have introduced some PINK into our room! I made a new seat cushion cover for the rocking chair in our room and two little cushions! It is the start of my plans to redecorate our room!





Also on the creative front I have managed to finish knitting a hat for our eldest daughter,and have also finished her bed pocket tidy.












And my serioulsy lovely Tilda Home Sewing and Spring Time crafts books arrived, not too mention my Jean Greenhowe JiffyKnits pattern booklet and there is soooo much in there I want to make! So now all I need is a few more hours in the day and all will be good!





















2 comments:

  1. Oh My, you are so talented! I keep telling myself I must do some baking, my husband loves home made cakes, but I just never find the time. And I'm so undomesticated.

    The hat is lovely, your daughter looks very proud to be wearing it.

    CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to learn how to knit Mrs. I love the cushion and seat pad. You are doing really well with the sewing machine and it looks like DD1 is taking after you on the baking front.

    Well done for taking a back seat and letting her have a go.

    ReplyDelete