Folksy

Monday 4 January 2010

Return to school...and getting to know my sewing machine!


Today was the return to school... a sort of "back to normal"day. In some ways I am gald to get back to a bit of steady routine, but none the less it felt quite sad and strangely quiet once 4 of the kids were at school this morning! I have done some catching up...the house always suffers during school holidays!

Then I went to buy some (cheap!) fabric for an idea I had.....The girls room is badly in need of more storage solutions for the many milions of little bits and pieces they seem to have. And so I made storage pockets to hang over the rails on their cabin beds. The whole sewing machine thing is turning out to be alot more tricky than anticipated! My finished product is far from perfect - I think I may add a couple more straps to help with sagging...their are areas of seriously dodgey sewing....but none the less it looks pretty anddoes the job. I am trying to be patient with mylearning this skill. I do tend to expect myself to be able to everything perfectly straight away...but need to take it slowly! On the positive side I can now wind the bobbin and thread the needle without having to refer to the manual, and there were areas of almost straight sewing in eveidence! I am going to make a couple more for the other girls beds, and hopefully each one will be a bit better than the one before!

1 comment: