Folksy

Friday 8 January 2010

Moving forwards....


So today the children were back at school. Christmas holidays and snow days all over. And not before time I set to trying to restore the ouse to rights! A house full of 6 children for several weeks takes a fair battering!! I made some progress, and it was kind of refreshing to clear away some of the clutter, re-establish old routines and feel as if we were moving forward.

I love Christmas,but I must admit that I love Spring more. Ican't wait for the Spring, and always delight in those extra few minutes of daylight that start to creep in after Christmas. I also have a little tradition of always buying a bunch of daffodils after all the Christmas decorations are down, to cheer the place upand remind me that Spring is around the corner. I was slightly shocked to see 2 shelves of Easter Eggs already filled at the supermarket today though!! Much as I love to look forward that did strike me as slightly over the top!

I have also been discussing with an old work colleague today about returning to work.It is a very scarey idea for me. Before children I had a professional career, but for 4 years I have been a stay at home Mum. I absolutely love that I have been able to do this, but raising 6 children on one salary is a challenge! So it seems that it may be time for me to step tentativelyback into the world of work - part time! I am going to try to embrace this new stage of my life positively and calmly. I am becoming much better at realising that life is an ever changing journey, and being prepared to shift path every now and then is a good thing!

But for now I am just going to enjoy the weekend and have lots more fun in the snow!


2 comments:

  1. I think that you are doing a fantiastic job and are a real inspiration. I love dafs. I have tagged you over at mine for the Fav photo me me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couldn't believe it when I saw Easter eggs in Morrisons the day after Boxing day.
    It seems to me like you're doing a fab job with 6 children and if you go back to work aswell then you deserve a medal.
    Have a great weekend
    Take care
    Beki xxx

    ReplyDelete