Folksy

Monday 1 February 2010



Gosh...time has flown past again and I haven'tbeen blogging....that's the trouble with a mad chaotic life with 6 children and a dog....real life can get in the wayof important things like the internet LOL


Anyway...I have been doing a lot of soul searching and reflecting recently. I had to make a decision about goingback to work in my previous career. There was a job that I was considering aplpying for, that I most likely would have got. Initially it was a really exciting opportunity. But after more discusions and a lot of thinking it seemed not the right choice for our family just now. The hours were more than I really wanted, there would have been a lot of childcare needed - with all the associated stresses and cost. And in the end, when it came down to it, Overflowing Dad and I decided that trying to hold down 2 demanding professional careers and raise 6 children (and a dog!) was just a step too far for us at the moment.

For now, I am a homemaker, a cook, a teacher, a cleaner, an accountant, a comforter, a role model, a listening ear, a taxi service, a playmate, a great big hug and a lot,lot more. I love what I am. It is what I NEED to be just now.Yes, money is tight, sometimes VERY tight, but we will manage - we always do. And really there is so much more to life than money.



That said...a little bit of extra money would always be welcome! So I have finally got myself sorted and opened a Folksy shop.....only a few items made so far,but lots more to follow!Do you know, I just love making things....now just need a few more hours a day!!A couple of my latest creations...












So for today, and I am going to focus on being happy with what I have and who I am...I will fill my home with love, and give my tasks my best and gaze with much,much love and happiness on my wonderful,overflowing family!!

1 comment:

  1. I think your things are lovley, not sure where you are finding the time, my list just keeps growing and growing, I am currently on making two slings for mum nad just made her a laptop quilted bag for her holidays!!

    I am glad that you have made a decision and are happy with it

    ReplyDelete