Folksy

Monday 16 November 2009


Today we made our first batch of Christmas biscuits. They are really simple gingerbread biscuits,with a splodge of white icing,and whatever decorations we have on hand!It was fun,and Christmassy.....or at least on the most part. I do find it stressful when all the little ones join in.I feel it becomes more like a free for all with me trying-and failing-to keep a vague sense of order. I probably need to loosen up more. I need to loose my sense of what the finished item "should" look like and let them do it their way. I need to learn to turn a blind eye to all the mess and chaos. It is hard though,at the end of the day when I am already exhausted and know that it is me that will have to clean up...sigh...But I will try! I so want them to enjoy all the things we do together,and not to look back and remember a grumpy Mommy nagging them about the mess.

Still, the biscuits were nice,and were enjoyed by all with hot chocolate whilst listening to songs from The Polar Express. Lovely!

3 comments:

  1. They look fantastic and I sometimes get all anxious with just two children helping let alone 6!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same problem, I know I need to losen up, I know it doesn't matter that they look like they were made my a three year old, i know all that. I just can't stop myself.

    they look lovely by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, there is an award over at mine for you

    ReplyDelete