Folksy

Wednesday 11 November 2009

So much to do, so little time to do it!

Oh dear I have been so caught up in real life lately thet I have neglected my Blog. But I have been catching upon some very boring, but much needed housework and feel more in control as a result. I am trying really hard to be as prepared as possible for Christmas and all it entails ahead of time. We are always so busy in the last few weeks with Nativities, concerts,school parties and such like that I need to be organised to cope!

I have been inspired by some wonderful blogs and sites recently too, and am planning some lovely little creative presents for people.This of course helps the fact that money is severely limited this year,but also has made me think how much nicer a well thought out homemade present can be than something picked up last minute at the shops.

I am makingup little gift bags for my children for Christmas eve,with new snuggly PJs, slippers, christmas mugs and hot chocoalte and sock monkeys in. I am making the sock monkeys myslef. This is amazing for me because I am not naturally good at sewing,in fact the only thingIhave ever sewn before is a cushion at school,and an occasisonal button or hem since then! Despite that I am quite pleased with how they are going! I have done 2 so far,and hope to finish another one tonight.


I also came across this site last night http://www.postpals.co.uk/ A wonderful site that lets poeple send cards,letters and gifts to severely or chronically ill children. Reading through it made me cry. It also made me realise just how much I have to be thankful for. I am going to make up a Christmas parcel with my older children to send,as I often feel that getting them more involved in helping those less fortunate than themselves is a wonderfulthing to do.

I have managed to almost finish planting my spring bulbs too. I have found it hard to get motivated to get this job done as it seems a lot of effort for no instant reward! But that is my trouble a lot! I need to see the finished project at once....patience is definitely something I need to work on. But they are all almost planted now, and I am so happy because I know in the spring,the site of the first crocuses appearing, and then the bright daffodills and tulips will bring me many smiles after the long cold dark nights of winter.

1 comment:

  1. Love your sock monkeys!! how fab. Im also doing a christmas eve hamper, found the idea on MSE cant wait for christmas. I want a sock monkey now, lol

    ReplyDelete