Folksy

Monday 26 October 2009

A Grey Day - with a splash of orange!



Today is really grey and dull. My absolute worst sort of day! And it seems that the mood in the overflowing house seemed to match the weather - dull and grey!


Still we have kept busy and attempts to kick off half term with sort of sense of order and fun!


This morning we managed to get tickets (just!) for the cheap cinema showing of Ice Age 3 . With so many little cinema goers we often wait to see films at the cheap showings ...... that way we get to see the film for slightly less than the cost of an average family holiday! I must admit I wasn't really in a cinema mood, but the film was actually quite good. Little O actually managed to sit still for pretty much most of it although did have her hands over her ears and her eyes closed for a lot of it - cinema is still quite a new experience to her!


We got home to find overflowing Dad in the midst of the traditional school holiday painting of the hall walls.One day we will give in and stop painting them magnolia and just paint them mucky brown with orange splatters then all the small hand prints and smears will be indistinguishable.




This afternoon presented a choice between some serious laundry or painting pumpkin decorations ...... needless to say the pumpkins won. We borrowed an idea from the wonderful MadHouse and improvised a bit to suit some of my older creative participants! Surprisingly it all turned out rather well and with minimal mess and even a fair degree of co-operation. Very simple really - paper plates painted orange, with shapes cut out of black paper for faces!


The good news is I had lots of room on the washing line for them to dry as I had opted out of the laundry!


Later I will hang them around the dining room and tomorrow we are making paper doily ghosts to go with them!
Poor Bella , our recently added 8 month old puppy, looked on quite bemused by all the afternoons activity , so after I tidied up she got her walk round the hill and it struck me how dark it was already getting at 4pm. I hate the dark evenings. I am going to try to come up with lots of nice things to do with all the children after school such as baking and craft projects to make up for the dark, but I still cant wait for the spring....(which reminds me I MUST finish planting my bulbs!)






No comments:

Post a Comment