Folksy

Tuesday 27 October 2009

Frilly ghosts and challenging toddlers!

Today is another dull day outside but the mood in the overflowing house has been fairly good! Lovely Overflowing Dad let me have a lie in today, and I even got coffee and toast in bed! I have managed to catch up on some boring, yet necessary household chores, so am feeling more in control of things again!
All the children seem to be settling into half term and have actually spent a lot of time playing quite nicely together in various groupings!
Little O , our super cute 3 year old drew me lots of lovely pictures this morning - they all basically featured lots of circles of various shapes as she just loves the letter "O" as it is the start of her name! She then posted them all under my bedroom door for me whilst I was having my lie in! She can be so sweet.
This afternoon we have been making Halloween ghosts out of paper doilys. This was a super simple activity that just involved using a bit of stuffing in the centre of the doily and then securing with a pipe cleaner to make a ghost shape before drawing on a face. Our eldest daughter thought they didn't really look too convincing, but the younger ones loved them!


We then decorated some plain white paper tablecloths with supposedly spooky pictures, although little O insisted on drawing flowers and rainbows , much to our older children's annoyance!
I did try and time our craft session for when our 18 month old "destructor boy" was napping, but he woke up before the end and so got to join in drawing on the tablecloths with felt pens which he thought was great!




Sometimes it is hard though trying to do things with the older ones with a small destructive toddler under foot (or climbing on the table as is his latest thing!) I think I am suffering a bit from "toddler fatigue" at the moment. Sometimes I look at our adorable little 18 month old and I feel that little tinge of sadness that he will be our last. Other times , when he is tearing the house apart every time I blink, I feel I am really ready to be done with toddlers! Our oldest is 11 1/2 and with the 6 of them all roughly 2 years apart I feel as if I have had a toddler around forever...and I must admit to secretly looking forward to getting passed that stair gate and book ripping phase at last - yet I know when we have no more toddlers in the house I will miss all their cute funny little ways so much!

1 comment:

  1. I am loving the ghosties. We are doing something similar with tissues and a few sweets to give to trick or treaters on Sat!!

    ReplyDelete