Folksy

Thursday 31 December 2009



Today has been a nice day. A quiet peaceful (mostly!) end to the year.



It has been quite a year. A lot of the year was overshadowed by my Father-in-Law's battle against cancer, which he tragically lost in July. He passed away at the age of 64,never having got to enjoy his retirement. It has been a huge blow to Overflowing Dad and his family.



In spite of it all though you have to carry on. With 6 children there is little choice! Life at times this year has at times been wonderful; and at times very hard. We havelaughed, we have cried, we have smiled and we have shouted. But whatever we have done it has been done togaether as a family. And no doubt 2010 will be much the same. At times hard , at times great, but always together and always overflowing to bursting!


I am determined this year to let my frustrated inner creative self out! I am going to make more time for the things that I love doing: gardening, photography, and baking. I am going to embrace new skills : sewing and knitting. I am going to try to be more organised (as always LOL)yet am going to be more forgiving of myself when things aren't perfect!




And with all that in mind I have finished my first my craft project for 2010- a little hand knitted bag for little O's 4th birthday in 2 weeks.









And......we received some unexpected money from my Mother-in-Law for Christmas 2 days ago...and I ordered myself a very exciting Christmas present (after much deliberation!) It arrived today...I havent opened it yet ...can you guess what it is????



2 comments:

  1. Well done on surviving your difficult year, and Happy 2010! Can't wait to hear what's in the parcel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sewing Machine!!!!!!!!!!!! Well done on getting through it with dignity

    ReplyDelete